The Course Management Team is a select group of higher education professionals that works cooperatively to support student success in online teaching and learning.
The vision of a Course Management Team for online education is related to:
(1) The institutional vision and mission, and
(2) The outcomes that demonstrate student success—e.g., a mastery of the objectives according to course standards.
Here is a vision statement for a Course Managment Team at Erskine Theological Seminary.
The vision of the course management team is to fulfill the mission of the seminary by supporting student success in the four pillars on online learning and teaching: (1) student to professor, (2) student to content, (3) student to student, and (4) student to community.ERSKINE ONLINE, Erskine Theological Seminary, vision and mission, June 2, 2020,
- The Course Management Team is comprised of six roles representing six indispensable elements of student success in online teaching and learning. These roles are:
- learning management (The Professor);
- technical support (The Tech Support Manager);
- institutional effectiveness (Quality Manager); student academic success (Academic Success Manager); and
- the staff member who provides support, prayer, and encouragement, as well as connecting the student with the person or persons who can help them (The Connector).
Each role has a description, responsibilities, and resources to share with students. Each member of the team communicates at least once per semester with each course taught at ERSKINE ONLINE. These letters may be drafted for automation and for reuse.
Click the button above to link to an AirTable database with an example of the roles and work of a Course Management Team.